How do I set up distinctive ring to receice fax only?

I've checked the faq and all information I could find (setup.html and setup_advance.html
and the man pages) but still couldn't set up HylaFAX to answer fax call only. What I've
done are the following:

	in /var/spool/fax/etc/config.cua0 set the parameters:
		RingFax:	RING1
		RingData:	RING2
		RingVoice:	RING

Since my modem at the moment does not return anything but "RING" I expected
the above is all I need to stop HylaFAX from answering the phone. Well, it does
answer the phone.

Next I insert "AnswerRotary: fax" into /var/spool/fax/etc/config.cua0. HylaFAX
still answers the phone.

This is what the HylaFAX documentation says about incoming call handling:

	"If the call type is already known from distinctive ring information,
	then the call is processed immediately. If faxgetty was
   	instructed to answer any type of call, then the call is answered
	as appropriate. However, if a particular type of call was to be
	processed (e.g. data) and the deduced type of call does not match,
	then the call is rejected and the modem is reset and initialized."

Just what does "instructed" means I'm not quite sure. Can somebody please
help? Since I haven't "instructed" faxgetty to accept any type of call
I expected it to use the default, which is to accept fax call only and
thus only answers "RING1" from the modem.

Thanks.