Re: destctrls

> > ^[+]{0,6}$		RejectNotice = "Number too short, Need 7 digits"
>
> This matches 0 to 6 plus characters, with no other character.
>
> > ^[+]{8,}$		RejectNotice = "Number has too many digits"
>
> This matches 8 or more plusses as the only characters.
>

> > or should it be:
> >
> > ^[+][0-9]{0,6}$	RejectNotice = "blahblahblah ....

It seems that you have one of the best understanding I've seen on the
subject of destctrls.  I've noticed that it works as you say, but
unfortunately it doesn't resolve the problem I'm having.

I've search the web over and over and over, and have yet to find
something decent on explaining the syntax of destctrls and make it
work consistently.

perhaps it may be better to say what i'd like to do.

I'd like to limit the calls to 7 digit numbers.
secondly, I need to limit those calls to certain types of numbers.
In other words, allow all numbers that match certain starting numbers
that match these three digits (in essense, allow local calls only.

ie:

allow:

9661234

not allow

9881234

966 represents local dialed numbers
988 represents another island, hence long distance charges.

most man pages seem broken right at this point.  I've looked through
the mail archives, and haven't seen a working example (as far as I've
seen).

don't know where else to look.

Thanks,

ken