Re: destctrls

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: ken@mui.net <ken@mui.net>
An: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>; flexfax@sgi.com <flexfax@sgi.com>
Datum: Dienstag, 17. März 1998 11:39
Betreff: Re: flexfax: destctrls

> perhaps it may be better to say what i'd like to do.
>
> I'd like to limit the calls to 7 digit numbers.
> secondly, I need to limit those calls to certain types of numbers.
> In other words, allow all numbers that match certain starting numbers
> that match these three digits (in essense, allow local calls only.

> ie:

> allow:

> 9661234

> not allow

> 9881234

> 966 represents local dialed numbers
> 988 represents another island, hence long distance charges.

> most man pages seem broken right at this point.  I've looked through
> the mail archives, and haven't seen a working example (as far as I've
> seen).

I think the point is that the number you enter is first transformed into a canonicalized form before it is matched
against the entries in the destctrls file. This usually means that the country code is put in front of the number.
On my system for example, the string "1234" is transformed into "+4922411234", where "49" is the contry code
for Germany and "2241" is the area code.
To find out what happens on your system, check your dialrules file with

$ dialtest -a <YourAreaCode> - c <YourCountryCode> -i <YourIntlPrefix> -l <YourLongDistPrefix>

using the values from your /var/spool/fax/etc/config file. At the dialtest prompt, enter
  ready> CanonicalNumber("<number>") and see what happens.

To restrict faxing to local calls on your server, you will probably have to reject everything that does not match
+CCC966 + 4 digits, where "CCC" is your country code".

Hope this helps

    Alexandre

---
Alexandre Meissonnier