Re: Dialing

At 16:47 01/12/1997 +0100, Benito VeNe Venegas wrote:
>hi friends:
>
>I am sorry I am new hylafax user.
>I need to say to sendfax command that to send a fax it must get a line
>with 9 , wait, and after dial the number (like atdt 9w3412324)
>
>If this possible....???

[ Okay, Nico, I'll get this ]

An alternative to changing ModemDialCmd in the config file is to alter
the dialrules file.

I added to my /var/spool/fax/etc/dialrules file:

	^[0-9]{7,}$		= 9,&		! add 9 for outside calls

just before the final "]" on the last line of the file.

>I couldn't find information in the FAQ's

There's a new bit in the revised html documentation, to be issued
with v4.0pl2, concerning exactly this (advanced-setup.html).

Cheers,
Phil Watkinson,
Boston, UK.     ~ Winter hit Britain today. The cold is unforgiving.