Hylafax - fax user defined in passwd

In the process of getting Hylafax running, I get the following error in
the daily run output:

"Checking the /etc/master.passwd file:
 Login fax is off but still has a valid shell."

"/etc/master.passwd has duplicate user id's.
fax 6	uucp 6"

I changed the following user ID to #8 in the /etc/master.passwd file.

"Checking home directories:
user fax home directory is owned by uucp"

I changed the ownership of the home directory from user uucp to user fax

Now I can finally issue the command sendfx without getting prompted by a
password, but nothing happens.  The command faxstat is not returning any
output.

REgards
Eddie