Re: permissions

On Tue, 11 Nov 1997, Jonathan Chen wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Nov 1997, Eddie Reed wrote:
>
> > I get a password prompt when sending commands from the console (sendfax;
> > faxstat).  The only entries in /var/spool/fax/etc/hosts are "localhost"
> > and "127.0.0.1".
> > How can I set up the /etc/hosts file so anyone could send a fax from the
> > command prompt?
>
> Specify a specific user-id number for the entries in
> /var/spool/fax/etc/hosts. Make sure there are no trailing white space
> or comments.

In other words, just list users such as
www
84
nobody
32766
nogroup
32767

??

Regards
Eddie

> --
> Jonathan Chen <jonc@pinnacle.co.nz>                 Once is dumb luck.
>                                                  Twice is coincidence.
>              Three times and Somebody Is Trying To Tell You Something.

*	MKL.Net		        	Internet Service Provider      *
*	A service of CPU Industries                                    *
*	Bainbridge, New York, USA      	PPP, dial-up, telnet, uucp,    *
*	http://www.mkl.com		virtual domains, web design    *
*	https://mall.mkl.com	Secured server - Merchant services     *