Re: HylaFAX Password Problem

At 09:05 AM 8/8/97 -0300, you wrote:
>        sendfax -n -E  -d 5360228 /home/csi/ssteeves/tocspice3f3.ps
>
>With this command, we get this message:
>
>        request id is 26 (group id 26) for host localhost (1 file)

This is good.  This is what it should say.  Check the status of the fax queue
with the faxstat command (man 1 faxstat).

>Also, for this message, we had our host file looking like this:
>
>        localhost
>        127.0.0.1
>        dorian@cybersmith.net:1000::

You might want to put somthing like:
.*@dorian\.cybersmith\.net
.*\.cybersmith\.net$

>We are under the assumption though, that we have to tell which modem we
>want the server to use.  To do this, we set
>up our FAXSERVER enviromental variable like this:
>
>FAXSERVER=/dev/cua1@dorian:4559; export FAXSERVER

You just need the modem of you have multiple modems configured, and only
want to use a certain modem or set of modems.  You can either specify
which modem from the sendfax command directoy with -hmodem@host or with
the FAXSERVER variable.

example:  FAXSERVER=cua1@localhost; exportFAXSERVER

>Now, when we run the above mentioned  sendfax  line, we get this error
>message
>
>        460 Failed to submit job 28: Unspecified reason (scheduler NAK'd
>request).

Because of the "/dev/" on the front of the modemclass

>If we leave our hosts file like it was originally
>
>        localhost
>        127.0.0.1
>
>then we are prompted for a password, which we have NO idea what to
>enter.

Because you are sending it to dorian (from FAXSERVER variable), which isn't
in the etc/hosts file.

Aidan Van Dyk                               aidan@magma.ca
   Magma Communications Ltd                 Phone: +1 613 228-3565
   Unit 201, 52 Antares Drive               Fax:   +1 613 228-8313
   Nepean, Ontario, K2E 7Z1                 WWW:   http://www.magma.ca/