Ascii printer to fax filter

 Hi, I have HylaFax working quite good under some Win95 clients, but now I
have to make something "a bit" more difficult. Suggestions/Comments
welcome:

 The economy departament in our company uses a program (via telnet) made
in Cobol in a Sun Ultrasparc. That server sends the ascii output to a
local printer. That output can be one or more pages, and those pages are
sent manually to a fax. The idea is to make it automatic: instead of
printing to a normal printer, we'd like to add a new printer wich operates
with the ascii text and sends it to hylafax.
 I'll get the fax numbers operating with the ascii text ( an script -grep-
or maybe a little C program).
 Until here, there is no much problem, just creating a printer whose
device is /dev/null and the apropiate filter that calls sendfax would be
enough, because sendfax converts ascii automaticaly. The real problem is
this: All pages that conform de fax, must have the company logo in the
top.
 Mm.. maybe another bit of scripting will be needed to separate the entire
text into diferent (N)  text files.. then using SOME program to merge the
 company logo image (a .bmp, .giff, .tiff, any format is ok) with all
pages that conform the fax, getting N Postscript files ready to be sent.
But not yet, I have to concatenate all that postcript pages before calling
sendfax (something like sendfax -n -m -d number final_file.ps).
 Maybe mpage (a nice Postscript manipulation program, from Marcel Mol
marcel@mesa.nl) will concatenate all those Postscript files.

  And all this will have to be a printer filter..

 But for now, the greatest problem I have is to merge a text file (that
fills an A4 page) with the company logotype. I've been some days fighting
with ImageMagick and its "combine" tool, a cool Image manipulation tool
(by cristy@sympatico.org) that seemed to be able to do the job, and it
does, but the resolution I get is poor.

 Has anyone done something like this? Ideas? Suggestions?

T.I.A