Re: Email to fax gatewayy

>At 06:07 PM 7/9/97 -0400, Patrick Gardella <patrick@cre8tivegroup.com> wrote:
>>Hello,
>>
>>I am in a big bind.  I need to find a software that will give me email to
>fax.
>>I want to be able to send an email from anywhere in the country to a
>computer
>>setup as a fax server.  Can HylaFAX do this?  It seems like it should be able
>>to....
>
>How about something like procmail? It will filter incoming mail, and then
>direct a message with a specified address - say fax@aserver.com  - onto
>HylaFAX.
>
>The procmail recipe may be on the lines of :-
>	:0:
>	* ^To.*fax@aserver.com
>	| /usr/local/bin/faxmail -v -n -d.....
>
>Aagh, just realized the problem - where would faxmail get the destination
>phone number from ?? Perhaps it could be part of the mail address and
>procmail could parse it out... but this is getting very clever and well
>beyond my capabilities.

	procmail is probably the perfect solutin to this. You would need to
	either add a new header with the phone number IE

	Fax-Number: 555-1212

	or you could put it in the body if you could find a unique enough
	string to match with a regular expression.

--
Stan Brown     stanb@netcom.com                                    404-996-6955
Factory Automation Systems