Re: Problems setting HylaFAX 4.0pl1 mail2fax gateway on FreeBSD 2.2.2

At 02:41 AM 7/10/97 -0700, Donald Burr <dburr@POBoxes.com> wrote:
>[snip]
>Here is an example mail session:
>
>[dburr@voyager:117]% mail -v dburr@18004925954.fax
>Subject: test
>test
>.
>Cc:
>dburr@18004925954.fax... Connecting to 18004925954 via fax...
>Cannot exec /usr/local/lib/fax/mailfax: Exec format error
>dburr@18004925954.fax... Service unavailable
>/home/dburr/dead.letter... Saved message in /home/dburr/dead.letter
>
>Can anyone shed some light on this?  Please e-mail if possible.  Thanks!
>[snip]

My mailfax script currently looks like this :-

#! /bin/sh
#
#  mailfax - email to fax gateway for sendmail
#
#  This file should be installed as /usr/local/lib/fax/mailfax
#
/usr/local/bin/faxmail -v -n -p 11 \
        -Ml=0.75in,t=2.00in -d "$1@$2" "$3" 2>>/var/log/faxlog

I was having problems with the '-s a4' parameter apparently chopping off
the top 1 inch of the fax, so that went.
Altho' the script is owned by root/root; it has 555 permissions. I also
orginally had problems getting it running - it turned out to be the
permissions on the faxlog file - increasing them to 666 did the trick.

Hope this has been of some help,

Cheers,
Phil Watkinson,
Boston, UK.