Re: faxgetty - dial in data - Linux

   | From owner-flexfax@celestial.com  Sat Mar 22 22:05:01 1997
   | Date: Sat, 22 Mar 1997 19:47:01 +0100 (MET)
   | From: "Lorenzo M. Catucci" <lorenzo@argon.roma2.infn.it>
   | To: flexfax@sgi.com
   | Subject: faxgetty - dial in data - Linux
   |
   | I've seen (and posted myself) some messages about using mgetty as a data
   | call handling program. By now, no one socceded in doing it, and so I
   | thought I should lesser my expectations, and use another (simpler) getty,
   | e.g. the agetty, which (at least) is able to get its input and output from
   | stdin/stdout, like I think it should get started from faxgetty.
   |
   | Now, the question is simple: did someone succeed in using another getty
   | with HylaFAX on Linux? If so, I think his experience could be of some use
   | to at least one reader...

Yes I did. I using gettyps 2.0.7.x and Hylafax 4.1pl0 on a linux box. I can
successfully receive and send faxes and receive data-calls. I cannot rember all
the configuration parameters by head but if this is interestiong for someone,
I'll take a look at the configuration (its already some months ago I configured
this, and the linux machine is at home and not here at the university) and post
the important stuff.

Rainer
Rainer Krienke                          krienke@informatik.uni-koblenz.de
Universitaet Koblenz, 			http://www.uni-koblenz.de/~krienke
Rechenzentrum,                          Voice: +49 261 9119-641
Rheinau 1, D-56075 Koblenz, Germany     Fax:   +49 261 9119-495