Re: faxgetty - dial in data - Linux

in <Pine.LNX.3.95.970322193832.1917B-100000@argon.roma2.infn.it> Lorenzo M Catucci <lorenzo@argon.roma2.infn.it> schrieb:
> I've seen (and posted myself) some messages about using mgetty as a data
> call handling program. By now, no one socceded in doing it, and so I
> thought I should lesser my expectations, and use another (simpler) getty,
> e.g. the agetty, which (at least) is able to get its input and output from
> stdin/stdout, like I think it should get started from faxgetty.

Well, the solution to this problem is indeed to use another getty
program, as mgetty isn't designed to work on already opened serial
lines. I myself use agetty as the getty program called bei faxgetty.
To enable agetty to use the serial line opened by faxgetty, I use
these options for agetty as 'GettyArgs' in 'etc/config.modem':
	GettyArgs:	-t60 -- %s -

With these settings I'm able to use faxgetty to determine between fax
and data calls and to react in the correct manner. Agetty just uses
the line, already opened by faxgetty and prompts the remote user for
his username and password, before calling login.

This works fine on my linux box.

	sy
		stefan
--