Re: faxgetty - dial in data - Linux

   | Quoting Rainer Krienke:
   |
   | >    | Now, the question is simple: did someone succeed in using another
getty
   | >    | with HylaFAX on Linux? If so, I think his experience could be of
some use
   | >    | to at least one reader...
   | >
   | > if this is interestiong for someone, I'll take a look at the
   | > configuration (its already some months ago I configured this, and
   | > the linux machine is at home and not here at the university) and
   | > post the important stuff.
   |
   | Sure it is! Please send it to the mailing list - I think that there
   | are many interested in the info.
   |
   | Thanks.
   | --
   | John Plate <plate@infotek.dk>

Well here it is. This configuration is working very well for me. I can send and
receive fax and receive data (login) calls. Hope I did not forget anything
important:

I use gettps 2.0.7d on a Linux system running Kernel 2.0.25.
I compiled hylafax and gettyps myself using gcc 2.7.2.1.

I had to chang getty-ps a very little bit in order to support higher speed
arguments (in main.h I added some lines for the speeds 57600 and
115200) cause I use a 28800 modem and wanted to run it at highest
possible speed for login sessions.

Config. modem (in /var/spool/fax/etc) :
---------------------------------------
ModemType:              Class2.0
ModemRate:              115200
ModemFlowControl:       rtscts
GettyArgs:              "-D011 -d /etc/default/getty.cua1.init modem %s vt100"

modem is the name of my serial device in /dev a link to /dev/cua1.
I remember that I had to configure getty in debug-mode or else it would
not work (getty was started but hung up the line right away. Turning
debuggin on it works.  Because in between my linux installation is newer
this  might be obsolete).

The file /etc/default/getty.cua1.init:
--------------------------------------
CLEAR=NO
HANGUP=NO
TIMEOUT=60
INIT=CONNECT \p

The file /etc/gettydefs contains the following lines:
115200# B115200 CS8 CRTSCTS # B115200 SANE CS8 -PARENB -CSTOPB -ISTRIP CRTSCTS #
@S login: #38400
38400# B38400 CS8 CRTSCTS # B38400 SANE CS8 -PARENB -CSTOPB -ISTRIP CRTSCTS #@S
login: #38400

Hope it helps
Rainer Krienke
Rainer Krienke                          krienke@informatik.uni-koblenz.de
Universitaet Koblenz, 			http://www.uni-koblenz.de/~krienke
Rechenzentrum,                          Voice: +49 261 9119-641
Rheinau 1, D-56075 Koblenz, Germany     Fax:   +49 261 9119-495