Re: corrupted transmissions

On Mar 18,  8:08pm, Eric Fraser wrote:
> Subject: Re: corrupted transmissions
>
> Unfortunately it the distribution of failures is random and there are
> many phone numbers that I've tried calling.  The problem has not been
> linked to any particular phone number.
>
> Does anyone have any other ideas of what to try, I'm getting desperate?

Is it likely that anyone leaves a cellular phone lying close to the local line
- I know the GSM system phones cause great noise on land lines if they are in
proximity, note also that a cellular network & phone will periodically
"heartbeat"

I don't recall you listing diagnostics you've already tried - has another modem
been used?

--

   Don Thompson, Technical Support Team - UNIX, don.thompson@x400.icl.co.uk