Masquerading & diald with RH4.0 ???

Hi!

I currently have a working PPP setup on my RH4.0

The Linux box is connected to a ethernet LAN where it currently
runs as a local server for mail, www, ftp etc.

I'd like to make it possible to let the connected Win95 machines
access the internet through the Linux box and its modem based PPP
connection.

I've tried to study the PPP-howto and asked a couple of Linux
wizards, but I'm still a bit lost...

Some say it's possible to let the Win95 machines access the
internet, just by adding a new route on the Linux box...
Is this true, and if yes, the how to do it ???

Other say that I need to do masquerading... but do I need to
install more components to my full RH4.0 install ???
I've managed to find ipfwadm, but the ipfw binary file mentioned
in some of the HOWTO's isn't there...

Is there a RH4.x orientated howto somewhere that explains the
whole issue regarding what steps to do to make all the Win95
machines getting access through the Linux box ???

Regarding diald... I've heard that it's possible to add a option
to pppd so it'll start by itself when someone wants to access a
external IP-adress... is this true, and if yes, is it supported
in the RH4.0 pppd or do I need to upgrade ???
Can it be controlled so it'll close the PPP connection after
a given period of inactivity like diald, or ???

A last thing... after adding my ISPs nameservers in my
/etc/resolv.conf my RH4.0 hangs after the "amd" line is written
at boot time, and sendmail is very slow when you send something.
Some said I should add a domain-line in resolv.conf to fix the
problem, but I allready have a domain-line.
Other say that in SlackWare you fix the problem by removing the
"route add gw default ..." line from /etc/rc.d/inet1.d file, but
this file is not present in RH4.0...

How do I fix this sendmail problem ???

l8r/Jspr
--