Re: WHFC Problem

pkw@elgro.co.uk (Phil Watkinson) wrote:
>Don't know if this will help, but it maybe worth trying using only the
>public phonebook facility of whfc, rather than a private phonebook.
>
>You have to specify the name and path of the public phonebook file
>in the system settings dialog box; and then, in the phonebook window
>itself, check that the 'public phonebook' option is set ( it's in the
>bottom left hand corner of the window ). You also have to ensure that
>any 'pbook.phb' files are deleted from the whfc directory.

We're already using the public phonebook (never have used the private),
and all the pbook.phb files are gone system wide.

I'm not at work now to test this, but none of my users have named their
public phonebooks with a .phb extension.  Is this a requirement by chance?

Also, I should mention that the whfc.exe binary is stored on a read-only
network drive, with each client PC having a shortcut to it.  After reading a
couple comments regarding placements of file in the directory whfc is
started from, I copied the executable to a local directory to start from,
but the problem did not go away.  I guess I'm wondering (in the long term)
if leaving it on the read-only netwrok drive and creating shortcuts from
client PC's could create any unique problems.  Doing it this way is nice of
course for administrative reasons (like upgrades).

Tony

Tony Poole  Traverse City, MI USA  tony@umcc.umich.edu  tony@cherry1.trv.mi.us