Re: recv error

Dirk Lattermann wrote:

    Hello!

    Thanks for helping me with my initial problem on getting hfaxd
    started. Now I've run into another strange phenomenon:

    When I receive a fax, I get only to see the first few scanlines
    (e.g. 66 or 159). The fax systems sends me a mail telling me there
    were no problems, and also the sending fax station reported no error.

    Now I'm a bit clueless as I don't know if this is a modem misfunction
    (although it works fine with other software like mgetty).
    Most likely some configuration parameter is wrong, but I don't know
    where to look. I've got a Creatix VC144LF modem, Firmware V1.500-DS29F
    (Rockwell Chipset).

    Has anyone seen this, too?

Yes. I did tests with this modem some times ago under HylaFAX v3.x.
Attached below is my working config file for it but check carefully
because it's from version 3.x. Hope it helps.

	matthias
#
# Configuration for a Rockwell RC32ACL-based Class 2 modem.
#    Boca M1440E		firmware V1.000
#    SupraFAX v.32bis		firmware V1.000
#    Creatix LC 144 VF		firmware V1.500-DS29F
# (and others)
#
# This configuration file sets up the modem to run at 19.2 for
# sending and for receiving.  XONXOFF is used for flow control
# which also works for data connections.  Adaptive answer support
# is reliable, but to use it you must also enable ModemWaitForConnect
# to force the server to skip intermediate status messages and
# wait for the "CONNECT" message.
#
#
CountryCode:		49
AreaCode:		89
FAXNumber:		+49.89.6130883
LongDistancePrefix:	0
InternationalPrefix:	00
DialStringRules:	etc/dialrules
ServerTracing:		13
SessionTracing:		11
RecvFileMode:		0644
LogFileMode:		0644
DeviceMode:		0600
RingsBeforeAnswer:	2
SpeakerVolume:		off
GettyArgs:		"-g -h -t 60 -l ff_%s"
LocalIdentifier:	+49896130883
TagLineFont:		etc/lutRS18.pcf
TagLineFormat:		"From %%l|%c|Page %%p of %%t"
MaxRecvPages:		25
#
#
# Modem-related stuff: should reflect modem command interface
# and hardware connection/cabling (e.g. flow control).
#
ModemType:		Class2		# use class 2 interface
ModemRate:		19200
ModemWaitForConnect:	yes		# wait for CONNECT on answer
#ModemResetCmds:	AT&F2		# what you want for a Supra
#
# software flow control works good
ModemFlowControl:	xonxoff		# software flow control
ModemFlowControlCmd:	AT&K4		# software flow control
#
# hardware flow control didn't work reliable for me on two systems:
# SINIX-5.41 without fifo and Onsite SVR4.2 with 16550 fifo
# but may be the RS232 are buggy
#
# ModemFlowControl:	rtscts		# hardware flow control
# ModemFlowControlCmd:	AT&K3		# hardware flow control
# ModemFlowControlCmd:	AT&K6		# hardware flow control (fax)
#
ModemSetupDTRCmd:	AT&D2		# DTR off causes modem to reset
ModemSetupDCDCmd:	AT&C1		# DCD follows carrier
ModemSetupAACmd:	AT+FCLASS=0;+FAA=1 # enable in class 0
ModemDialCmd:		ATDT0W%s
#
# test Creatix LC 144 VF
# X3 used in our company PBX
# S10=8 0.8sec delay after carier lost to hangup (default: 1.4 sec)
# S38=1 1.0sec delay after DTR low to hangup (default: 20sec)
#
ModemBaudRateDelay: 	2000		# delay 2sec
ModemResetCmds:		ATX3\J0S10=8S38=0
#
ModemSendFillOrder:	LSB2MSB		# as expected
ModemRecvFillOrder:	MSB2LSB		# opposite of what makes sense
Class2RecvDataTrigger:	"\022"		# a la 2388-B