whfc 0.3alpha : fax numbers over 6 digits

Hi.

Testing the Win'95 fax client, whfc 0.3 alpha, to our own fax machines
was fine; now that the program is being used for real work, we have seen
the program crash where the destination fax number exceeds 6 digits.

This problem was first seen with phonebook entries, which with area codes,
have numbers up to 12 digits.

The bug can be replicated, however, by simply keying in a phone number
rather than using the phonebook when sending a fax. The program allows the
first 6 digits okay; after the 7th digit is entered - bang!

BTW, we have been entering the digits without commas, dashes or any other
formatting; and are using HylaFAX v4.0pl1. Any suggestions ?

I would, BTW, like to thank Ulrich Eckhardt for his work with whfc.

Cheers,
Phil Watkinson,
Boston, UK.     ~          "Programming is an art form that fights back".