USR sportster 28.800 troubles

 First of all, I'm sorry if this problem is an old one, but I couldn't
 find anything matching this from the archives.

 Problem is with a USR Sportster 28800, Hylafax 4.0.pl1 and Sun
 Sparcstation 10 Solaris 2.5.1. Sometimes (too frequently) the modem goes
 into a state in which it doesn't answer the phone. This occurs after
 sending an outbound fax. Modem stays in the state where only the CS led
 is on, and faxstat says 'waiting for the modem to come ready'. Resetting
 the modem with power off/on doesn't help, sometimes not even
 stopping/starting the Hylafax server processes. To fix the problem we
 have tried to send test faxes to our own fax machine and it seems to
 help, modem resets to normal condition.

 Session log from an outbound fax that hangs the modem shows no problems.
 Could I force the modem to reset after every outbound sending or is there
 something else that could be done with the problem?

 Here are my config files:

 config:

LogFacility:            local0
CountryCode:            358
AreaCode:               03
LongDistancePrefix:     0
InternationalPrefix:    0,00
DialStringRules:        "etc/dialrules"
ServerTracing:          1
ModemClass:             2.0
JobReqBusy:             600

 config.cua_a:

CountryCode:            358
AreaCode:               03
FAXNumber:              "+358 3 316 3694"
LongDistancePrefix:     0
InternationalPrefix:    0,00
DialStringRules:        "etc/dialrules"
ServerTracing:          1
SessionTracing:         11
RecvFileMode:           0600
LogFileMode:            0600
DeviceMode:             0600
RingsBeforeAnswer:      1
SpeakerVolume:          off
GettyArgs:              ""
LocalIdentifier:        "+35833163694 "
LogFacility:            local0
TagLineFont:            etc/lutRS18.pcf
TagLineFormat:          "From %%l|%c|Page %%p of %%t"
MaxRecvPages:           25
JobReqBusy:             600
#
#
# Modem-related stuff: should reflect modem command interface
# and hardware connection/cabling (e.g. flow control).
#
ModemType:              Class2.0        # use class 2.0 interface
ModemRate:              38400           # DCE-DTE communication rate
ModemFlowControl:       xonxoff         # XON/XOFF flow control assumed
#
ModemNoFlowCmd:         AT&H0&I0&R1     # setup modem for no flow control
ModemHardFlowCmd:       AT&H1&I0&R2     # setup modem for hardware flow
control
ModemSoftFlowCmd:       AT&H2&I2&R1     # setup modem for software flow
control
#
ModemSetupDTRCmd:       ATS13=1&D2      # setup so DTR drop resets modemD3
ModemSetupDCDCmd:       AT&C1           # setup so DCD reflects carrier
(or not)ModemResultCodesCmd:    ATQ0X3S6=3
#
# NB: adaptive answer only seems to work properly when
#     the modem is left idling in Class 2.0
#
ModemSetupAACmd:        AT+FAA=1
#
# Set modem speaker volume commands: OFF QUIET LOW MEDIUM HIGH.
# Note that we both turn the speaker on/off and set volume.
#
ModemSetVolumeCmd:      "ATM1 ATM1 ATM1 ATM1 ATM1"
#
# Modem does not support HDLC frame tracing; we add this just
# to eliminate spurious ERROR results that confuse the naive.
#
Class2BUGCmd:           AT+FBU=0
#
# The modem doesn't support copy quality checking, even though it
# returns (0-2,0-2) for AT+FCQ=?; therefore we override the query
# response so that the server will do copy quality checking.
#
Class2CQQueryCmd:       !(0),(0)        # override modem response

 Tuomo Salmela					Tel: +358 3 316 3631
 VTT Automation / Machine automation		Fax: +358 3 316 3494
 P.O. Box 13021, FIN-33101 Tampere Finland