Re: [hylafax-users] Traduct error message

Marco wrote:

gettext can be used, Lee?

Can you explain to me how gettext actually works and how HylaFAX would use it in this situation?

I can already think of a simple approach in the same dictionary-fashion that we're doing that would work - and I was about to code that up ... but I'm certainly open to seeing a better mousetrap.

But the honest truth is that when I read GNU's gettext documentation and the gettext man page I am disappointed about how cumbersome it all looks to use in comparison to stuff like:

 DICTHELLO="hola"
 echo $DICTHELLO

Yeah, that looks very unsophisticated... but it gets the job done. Maybe I'm just misunderstanding gettext.

Again, I'm happy to use a better mousetrap... but can someone explain to me how gettext works for our situation, and why using gettext would be an advantage over the way it's being done now?

Thanks,

Lee.