Re: [hylafax-users] Send notify to multi user with different email

On Monday 24 April 2006 14:49, Alex Wang wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Having a question about the sending notify to the multi user.
>
> For example, I have a user called faxmaster, and another user called
> enduser. What I need to do is, the faxmaster can get the fax with pdf
> file atteched, (that's the way it does, I have no problem with this one.)
> But at the same time, I need to send another email to enduser just
> saying there is a fax coming from xxx-xxx-xxxx, so they can check the
> fax.
>
> Make it sample word;
> Fax--->notify the faxmaster with the pdf file----------DONE
>
> |----------------->notify other user just saying there is a fax in---how?
>
> How can I do that?

Create a procmail recipe which will be triggered whenever faxmaster receives
the fax notification.  Use the "c" flag to make sure it acts on a copy of the
message, not the original message itself.  Have this run a script, which will
get the copy of the message  {including attachments; exactly like the results
of `cat /var/mail/$LOGNAME`}  on its own STDIN.  This script can then parse
the message, pick up on the important bits and decide what to do based upon
what it sees.

Assuming your script is saved as /usr/local/bin/icf_notify, just append this
to faxmaster's .procmailrc file:

:0c
|/usr/local/bin/icf_notify

Also, make sure that the .procmailrc file belongs to the faxmaster user and
has permissions 600.

--
AJS