[hylafax-users] Problem using fax machine and HylaFAX on same line

Using HylaFAX 4.2.5 on Ubuntu Linux:

We need to have a separate fax machine connected to the same phone line as our HylaFAX server for faxing paper that is external to our computer network.  I just had an experience where an employee faxed a 3-page document using the Canon fax machine, while another user used HylaFAX to transmit a single page to a different recipient.  Both users received a confirmation that their faxes were successful.

A little while later, we received a phone call from the intended recipient of the single page fax that she had received BOTH faxes - a total of 4 pages in all!  Does anyone have any idea how this could happen?

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

--
Kyle