Re: [hylafax-users] send international faxes: MODEM Command error, FCS error

Steve Underwood wrote:

What makes you think its the modem?

The reproducibility and the fact that it's an HSF modem (which have had a number of quirky errors in the past) make me think that he *could be* running into another HSF modem bug. So I asked if he had another modem to test with. HylaFAX, doesn't see the audio itself, so to it failures like this "seem to be" the fault of the modem - even if it is the upstream audio carrier.

It is more likely to be the international circuit.

I concur, but I can't very well assist him in testing *that*. By testing a different modem he would essentially eliminate any likelihood of it being the modem... and at that point it would be very clearly an upstream audio carrier problem.

A line has to be pretty bad for the V.21 stuff to fail

Yes... and yet V.21 receive is working earlier in the call... which is the only reason why I wanted to eliminate the modem as the possible culprit.

Thanks,

Lee.