Re: [hylafax-users] Mgetty Remains as PATHGETTY after Deinstallation

Lee Howard wrote:
Robert H. Perry wrote:

I have one modem that functions as my dial-up Internet connection. I'm assuming it can also serve as a fax (and possibly voice) modem. I'm not 100% sure as to how this should work, but I would like to duplicate a previous setup I had with my OS/2 box.

Run minicom on the modem and give it the AT command "AT+FCLASS=?"

A response including 1, 1.0, 2, 2.0, or 2.1 indicates fax support. Classes 1 and 1.0 tend to be preferred over the 2s, but some modems function very well with 2/2.0/2.1.

Response: 0,1,1.0,2,8,10

Again, I'm not sure how to set things up yet, but I did expect to see faxgetty somewhere in this config file.

I may be in way over my head. However, there seems to be a lot of documentation around. I just need to spend more time to pull things together.

I'd say that when it's time for you to receive or send faxes to run faxgetty, and when you're done then stop faxgetty. That should be it.

Simple enough. Thanks again. Bob Perry