Re: [hylafax-users] Mgetty Remains as PATHGETTY after Deinstallation

Lee Howard wrote:
Robert H. Perry wrote:

Lee Howard wrote:

My perusal of the faxsetup script indicates that yes, it should have changed... probably to /sbin/agetty. (It's probably non-consequential either way, though.)

Why would it be non-consquential?

Because it will only ever attempt to use this setting if faxgetty thinks that it's getting a data call and you've configured the system to accept such calls.

I have one modem that functions as my dial-up Internet connection. I'm assuming it can also serve as a fax (and possibly voice) modem. I'm not 100% sure as to how this should work, but I would like to duplicate a previous setup I had with my OS/2 box.

That setup included a fax/data/voice internal modem and a commercial software package that allowed me to take a regular telephone call while connected to the Internet. I could briefly answer the call and return to the Internet or finish the call which would eventually drop the Internet connection. If I received a fax call, I needed to drop the Internet connection entirely and set up to receive the fax. Faxing was clearly not the priority.

Again, I'm not sure how to set things up yet, but I did expect to see faxgetty somewhere in this config file.

I may be in way over my head. However, there seems to be a lot of documentation around. I just need to spend more time to pull things together.

Bob