Re: [hylafax-users] commID and more

* moritz winterberg <winterberg@xxxxxxxxxx> [051207 07:28]:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm currently writing a FAX Daemon in Perl. It is getting pdf and
> faxnumber from a webinterface via socket and uses its own ftp/client
> module for communication with hylafax.
> All this works quite fine already and now I'd like to tune it a little
> by getting more information on faxjob status.
> Since I am using isdn/capi hardware (eicon diva server) I'd be
> interested in getting more information on fax trasmit failures. To be
> more specific, I'd like to know the type of error that occured if there
> is one such as "line busy" or "number unavailable" and so on. Also I'd
> like to know how many pages have been sent if the fax partially failed.
>
> Does somebody have a hint how to get those infos ?
>
> I already know there are some of these in the c000* log files
> under /var/spool/hylafax/log. But in order to parse those I'd need
> the commID where I only have the JobID and I don't know how to get this

The last commid is stored in the job:

	#!/usr/bin/perl

	use Net::FTP;

	my %OPTIONS =
	  (
		hylafax => localhost,
		port => 4559,
		debug => 1,
	  );

	my $ftp = Net::FTP->new($OPTIONS{hylafax}, Debug => ($OPTIONS{debug} > 2), Port => $OPTIONS{port})
		  or die "Cannot connect to $OPTIONS{hylafax}: $@";

	$ftp->login('aidan') or die "Couldnt' login in: $@";
	foreach my $jobid (@ARGV)
	{
	    $ftp->quot('JOB', $jobid);
	    $ftp->quot('JPARM COMMID');
	    my $commid = $ftp->message(); chomp $commid;
	    $ftp->cwd('/log');
	    $ftp->get("c$commid", \*STDOUT);
	}
	$ftp->quit;

a.

--
Aidan Van Dyk                                             aidan@xxxxxxxx
Senior Software Developer                          +1 215 438-4638 x8103