[hylafax-users] Blank pdf's sent

I am trying to get incoming faxes from my linux server mailed to my Windows machine.

I am running a linux server using Archlinux .7, and have installed the hylafax 4.2.1-4 from that distribution.  I have installed sharutils 4.3.80-1 to get uuencode installed.  Arch has no package for metamail, and I cannot get the source to work (make sends me lots of warnings, ultimately is is a malloc error that ends it).  I haven't found any other encoder source other than uuencode.  My postfix version is 2.1.5-4, and courier-imap is 4.0.6-2

My email system on myWindows machine, to which faxed documents are sent, is Mozilla-Thunderbird .9

If I try to use pdf or tiff files, those files come to the windows system as empty files.  ps files come across just fine.

I have set up faxrcvd with FILETYPE=pdf.  After a number of failures, I tried going into setup.cache and changing the MIMENCODE lin e to point to my uuencode executable:  MIMENCODE='/usr/bin/uuencode'  This did not change anything.

If I understand it right, the faxrcvd-pdf and faxrcvd-mail-pdf are not necessary (or useful) with this release of hylafax.  There is so much older information on the web that it's difficult to know what is current and what is not.

What am I missing?

Yahoo! Shopping