Re: [hylafax-users] E-mail to Fax Method

Tommy Chan wrote:
Hi everybody,

I have a question as following:

We are running a -email server Domain on Windows Platform. The
clients using outlook or outlook express to send and receive the
e-mail.

Any better e-mail client? :)

I set up a Hylafax Server on a Linux FC3.

1. Is it possible when the user send a email with fax attachment to a
e-mail account on Domain Server, the Hylafax server can receive tthis
e-mail, convert it to fax format and fax it out?

Yes, of course. Search on the archive list or on google for find some email to fax gateway. Of course the outgoing mail are to be forwarder to the linux server

2. Once the fax completed, the hylafax can send a ACk Status E-mail to the client?

yes all the fax client has this option

3. Can the E-mail Clients user send a broardcast fax by using Question 1 method?

Yes, it is possible, but I don't know if it's already implemented.

Thanks,

Regards, Tommy Chan

P.s. If you are looking for a plugin that will be integrate with your close email client, I don't think that you can find it on the opensource canal.

Michele