Re: [hylafax-users] Sharing phone line with other fax machine?

Am 2005.09.21 21:57 schrieb(en) Jerry Kaidor:

Can two fax machines share the same phone line?  I'm delighted to
have hylafax running on my linux box
[...]
But I still use the fax machine on the Windows side a lot.
Never at the same time, though.

Hello Jerry,

there are simple electronic switches that are intended to connect two phones to one line. Both phones will ring and the first to pick up will get the line. When you pick up either of the two phones the other one will be dead.

The other possibility is a modem that has two connectors: one for the line and the other for a phone, but check that the modem disconnects the phone when it wants to use the line.

Bodo