From: hylafax-users-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:hylafax-users-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Peter Halliday
Sent: 21 September 2005 13:57
To: hylafax-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [hylafax-users] limit to number of modem?

All,

I have been using hylafax for over two years.  We are running RPM for hylafax version 4.2.0, which we are running it on RHEL version 4.  We have been running two servers one analog with 16 modems and one using VoIP.  We understand that VoIP isn't liked by all on the list especially.  However, our application has compensated for the failure rate we have seen on VoIP.  We went to move all our lines to VoIP lines because of cost.  As soon as we did, our error rate went through the roof.  We made sure we had enough room for the VoIP bandwidth-wise and that's no longer an issue.  I am trying to see if the free version of hylafax has some limit on the number of modems that are best to use?  Is hylafax threaded?  At this point the only change to the system are the number of modems.

Peter Halliday