From: hylafax-users-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:hylafax-users-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Stephen Carville
Sent: 14 September 2005 18:25
To: hylafax-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [hylafax-users] MultiTech ISI5634UPCI/8

support wrote:
> Hi Chris.
>
> We test with dozens of different fax machines and fax/modems in the
> lab and thousands in the field.  We typically see failure rates well
> below 1% and I don't think you should expect anything like the 5-10%
failure rate proposed.

Are you all talking about inbound or outbound?  I have an ISI 5634PCI/8 with
three lines incoming and 4 line outgoing (P.01 GOS) and, since I switch to
some faster hardware, my worst incoming error rate over a week was 2 pages
in 1263.  So far every outgoing error but one has been a result of a  bad
number or a customer who forgot to connect his fax line.  That one was a fax
number that rolled over to voice mail if the line was busy.

> Can you imagine what this sort of failure rate would mean to a
> customer like FedEx or the IRS ?

In the case of the IRS I could hope for extinction :-)

--
Stephen Carville <stephen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Unix and Network Admin Nationwide
Totalflood