Re: [hylafax-users] What is 2-D MMR, 1-D MH ... seems to be a pattern in my errors

--- Charles Duffy <cduffy@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 13:00:33 -0700, Peter Schoenster
> wrote:
>
> > Umm ... why is it different? Why not the same all
> the time. Does the
> > remote fax indicate which format to use?
>
> Just so -- HylaFAX can't use a format the remote
> modem doesn't support.

Heck ... then this can be the clue to my "No Carrier"
and "Timeout ..."

Perhaps the problem is in the generation of the
doucument I am supposed to send. Perhaps my computer
fails to generate the document in time ... and it
times out.  But ... the nature of the error message
just doesn't support that.

"No Carrier" and "Timeout" .... ummm seems like
something more like "UNABLE to produce needed document
format".

Be nice to know what 2-D MMR and 1-D MH are. Guess I
got something to do this weekend.

Peter