Re: [hylafax-users] What is your percentage of hard failures

Hi Peter.

I can't give you an exact failure rate that you can expect but one of our
customers recently undertook some comparison tests in the US which had 2
fax's fail and 114390 fax's complete successfully during a one month period.
The application was Windows based, Class 1, send only, and the fax's varied
from 1 to 13 pages in length.  Our in-house testing gives similar levels of
reliability for HylaFAX and we have tested against 50 or so fax machines and
many competitors products in our lab.

We have seen problems in the past and had one example of a fax machine that
would crash an Agere DSP at will.  If your problems are repeatable then a
log will probably help identify who's at fault and then whether HylaFAX can
do anything about it.... the difficulty comes when it's the fax machine
thats 'broken'.... trying to get these guys to sort out problems is a joy !

Regards

Andrew Rinaldi
Mainpine Support
e: support@xxxxxxxxxxxx