Re: [hylafax-users] A Few Questions after 4.2.1 Install

Bruce Harrison wrote:

1) The install script asked about a modem group, so I
provided one (mgroup1).  I only have one modem
currently, but may add a second one at some point.  In
syslog, I now see the following message:

Aug 31 12:06:04 linuxprod FaxQueuer[26906]: Missing
':' separator in modem group specification

The entry in my config file is as follows:

ModemGroup: mgroup1

Well, first off, I think that about 90% of those questions in faxsetup and faxaddmodem should be omitted as they only just confuse people. The correct response to the "modem group" question would be to supply a fully-defined ModemGroup entry as defined by 'man hylafax-config'. So in your case that would be "modemgroup1:ttyS0".

However, my recommendation would be to simply delete the ModemGroup line from your config file, as it will not serve you any purpose whatsoever in a one-modem installation anyway. ModemGroup is used for instances where you have multiple modems and want one group of those modems to operate differently (especially with respect to job allocation) than another group.

3) At one point I did a faxmodem ttyS1 (my modem is on
ttyS0) by mistake. Nothing is connected to ttyS1. I
started looking for a way to undo my mistake. I was
hoping for a faxremovemodem or some such utility. Anyway, what is the best way to remove the traces of
my error? I did notice the following files were
created, presumably as a result of my command.

/var/spool/hylafax/tmp/ttyS1_last_wedged_email
/var/spool/hylafax/status/ttyS1
/var/spool/hylafax/FIFO.ttyS1

Just delete these files.

Lee.