Re: [hylafax-users] Fax Routing/transfering....

Jean-Pierre Radley wrote:

Sam typed (on Wed, Aug 31, 2005 at 02:07:16PM +0000):
| I'll soon have 2 fax servers setup. One for each location (in different | states). I was wondering if there was a way (this is once i figure out how | to get hylafax to allow me to send faxes) to have hylafax simply generate the | tiff and copy it from server A to server B without going through the phone | line. (it's a frame relay so server A can see server B )

So why use Hylafax at all?  You can choose from ftp, sftp, rsync,
uucp, email...

Well, I don't think he's setting up the server for the purpose of faxing FROM A to B, but most likely local numbers recieving faxes at two different branches, and both branches need to share that information. The faxes are placed in /var/spool/hylafax/recvq. as Tiff files as they are recieved. You could, simply, share this folder with Samba, or use a chron job to move them, or many other things. Probably the simplest way though would be to set aliases to email them; but thats just a option.

- Jeff S.