Re: [hylafax-users] HylaFAX 4.2.1-23 and Fedora Core 3

Well, the problem with faxgetty and HylaFAX is ALMOST solved.

kppp and faxgetty coexist now, but after logging on to my ISP and then logging
off (after about 1 hour), I tried to send a fax. faxstat reports the status
as " Waiting for modem to come ready". It seems to be stuck in that mode and
will not get out of it. HylaFAX thinks that the modem is still being used by
kppp. I checked the kppp lock file - it was deleted by kppp on exit. So no
lock file. The last time this happened, I had to open the file manager as
root, and deleted the file /var/spool/hylafax/status/ttyS0 and then HylaFAX
was able to continue.

Is there any way to get HylaFAX to update the status without deleteing this
file?

Thanks,
Terry
If you are always rushing towards the future,
Then you never have any past.

Terry Boldt
Paraphrasing Ben Franklin:

Those who sacrifice freedom for safety, have neither.

The exact quote:

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little
temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
  Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790),
  US author, diplomat, inventor, physicist, politician, & printer
  Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759