Re: [hylafax-users] Confirmation mail for sent fax not generated

> Betreff: RE: [hylafax-users] Confirmation mail for sent fax not generated
>
> --- Guido Hecken <guido.hecken@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > > --- Guido Hecken <guido.hecken@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> > when
> > facsimiles.

> > sent
> > but
> > >
> > > See man sendfax for -f and -D options. See man
> > notify
> > > too.
> >
> > I have to use the c2faxsend program, added by the
> > capi4hylafax component
> > (from AVM).
> > I'm a little bit confused, on how to use options for
> > sendfax in combination
> > with c2faxsend.
>
> Have you checked if c2faxsend has the same options
> available? Isn't c2faxsend a replacement for sendfax
> made by AVM to use with their cards?
>

> Pedor

The problem was, a wrapper-script. Since AVM has a bug in it's c2sendfax
script or in the capi implemantation, I had to use a wrapper-script to
bypass this bug.
The bug is, that facsimiles are marked as unsuccessfull sent even though
they were sent successfull. The script I used, was from Gerhard Brauer and
found on the debian-user-german list. But there was a little problem in it,
as it moves the qfile! I think after moving the qfile, the
permissions/ownership of the file were set from those of the faxuser to
those of uucp.
By using an edit in place with the 'operatingsystem vi' ;-) the file
maintains it permissions.

Here the wrapper-script

#!/bin/sh

# name it c2sendfax.wrap and place it with rx permissions for uucp:dialout
under #/usr/local/bin
# don't forget a line in /var/spool/hylafax/config and/or config.c2fax like
# SendFaxCmd:             "/usr/local/bin/c2faxsend.wrap"

/usr/bin/c2faxsend "$@"
rc=$?
eval qfile=\$$#
# in place editing by Guido Hecken
vi -c '%s/^returned:0$/returned:'${rc}'/' -c 'wq' ${qfile}
# don't use these two lines, as they destroy permissions/ownership
# sed 's/^returned:0$/returned:'${rc}'/' $qfile > ${qfile}.new
# mv ${qfile}.new $qfile
exit $rc

Hope this will help somebody, as it costs me a lot of hours of
investigation. :-(

BTW thanks to Gerhard Brauer for his work

Guido Hecken