Re: [hylafax-users] yes, another dialrules question

See the attached dialrules. They only vary from the default distribution by two lines:

^${Area}[0-9]{7} = +1&

(in the CanonicalNumber rule)

and

^${Area}([0-9]{7}) = \1

(in the DialString rule)

If your telco allows you to dial 10-digit local numbers, then you don't need the DialString rule. If your area code has some local prefixes and some long-distance prefixes then you have to list all of those in your DialString rule like this:

^${Country}${Area}555([0-9]{4}) = 555\1

Lee.

Alta Ergo wrote:

Ok, I have spent the last few hours reading the list
archive, and searching google, and looking in the
contrib, but as a last resort, I'm asking you guys.

Here's the situation, and I think it's a simple case,
but I know ZIPPO about regex, and phone systems.

My area code is 251.
We can't dial 1 for local numbers or it will fail.
I have do dial one for all long distance numbers.
My database does not have a 1 before the area code.

So I need a dialstring that: Adds a 1 to all 10 digit strings that aren't 251 Remove 251 from all 10 digit strings to make them 7 don't do anything to 7 digit strings.

HELP?!#$%T@RW

Start your day with Yahoo! - make it your home page http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

! $Id: dialrules,v 1.4 2003/05/16 02:15:45 darren Exp $
!
! HylaFAX (tm) Dialing String Processing Rules.
!
! This file describes how to process user-specified dialing strings
! to create two items:
!
! CanonicalNumber: a unique string that is derived from all dialing
! strings to the same destination phone number.  This string is used
! by the fax server for ``naming'' the destination.
!
! DialString: the string passed to the modem for use in dialing the
! telephone.  This string should be void of any characters that might
! confuse the modem.
!
Area=${AreaCode}		! local area code
Country=${CountryCode}		! local country code
IDPrefix=${InternationalPrefix}	! prefix for placing an international call
LDPrefix=${LongDistancePrefix}	! prefix for placing a long distance call
!
WS=" 	"			! our notion of white space
!
! Convert a phone number to a canonical format:
!
!
! by (possibly) stripping off leading dialing prefixes for
! long distance and/or international dialing.
!
CanonicalNumber := [
%.*			=			! strip calling card stuff
[abcABC]		= 2			! these convert alpha to numbers
[defDEF]		= 3
[ghiGHI]		= 4
[jklJKL]		= 5
[mnoMNO]		= 6
[prsPRS]		= 7
[tuvTUV]		= 8
[wxyWXY]		= 9
[^+0-9]+		=			! strip white space etc.
^${Area}[0-9]{7}	= +1&
^${IDPrefix}		= +			! replace int. dialing code
^${LDPrefix}		= +${Country}		! replace l.d. dialing code
^[^+]			= +${Country}${Area}&	! otherwise, insert canon form
]
!
! Process a dialing string according to local requirements.
! These rules do only one transformation: they convert in-country
! international calls to long-distance calls.
!
DialString := [
[-${WS}.]+		=			! strip syntactic sugar
[abcABC]		= 2			! these convert alpha to numbers
[defDEF]		= 3
[ghiGHI]		= 4
[jklJKL]		= 5
[mnoMNO]		= 6
[prsPRS]		= 7
[tuvTUV]		= 8
[wxyWXY]		= 9
^${Area}([0-9]{7})	= \1
^[+]${Country}		= ${LDPrefix}		! long distance call
^[+]			= ${IDPrefix}		! international call
]