From: hylafax-users-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:hylafax-users-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Jeff Schulze
Sent: Monday, August 15, 2005 12:13 PM
To: hylafax-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [hylafax-users] Modem Init problem

Hello again folks:

Encountering one more problem residual from my install; It would appear that my modem drivers are not correctly being inserted on statup in my system. Faxstat will show 'waiting for modem to come ready' forever until I manually tell it 'faxgetty stop' go insert the modules by hand, then tell it 'faxgetty start ttyLT0' again. After that all is great. The problem is if there is a long enough power failure to force the machine to shut down temporarily (And they seam to happen alot out here) say, on the weekend, then all fax activity will stop. I've tried putting the startup scripts in init.d, but apparently faxgetty beats it to the punch. So, where can I put the insmod commands so that they start up before faxgetty?

Thanks,

- Jeff S.

(Appologies if this was dual posted, I accidentally sent the first from the wrong address)