[hylafax-users] Notification mail attached file of outgoing fax copy--Solved

Dear Bodo,offman

On 8/1/05, Bodo Meissner <bodo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Am 2005.07.31 23:52 schrieb(en) Nikos Zaharioudakis:
>
> > Could you please point to some direction for help. You see what I got
> > as attachment, was produced by the hylafax set of scripts. Now let me
> > focus on the problem.
>
> > Do you imply that the mail client did not do his part right, or the
> > file was uuencoded by the hylafax script.
>
> Maybe your mail client does not understand uuencoded attachments.
> You yould try to switch to MIME encoding.
>
> To do this you need a MIME encoding program like base64-encode or
> mimencode on your Hylafax server. (I don't know the name of an RPM
> package because I use a Debian system.)
>
> After installing such a program/package you probably have to re-run
> faxsetup or you could manually modify or add the MIMENCODE line in your
> setup.cache file.
>

> Bodo

You were right.!
In the old Red Hat 7.x times the metamail rpm was in the distribution.
From RH 8 and then it disappeared. So I just found a suitable rpm from
fedora legacy project. After this I run faxsetup and realised that the
setup.cache file was updated {the MIMENCODE field } to
MIMENCODE='/usr/bin/mimencode'

Things work as I wished !
I think I am getting old and forget ! Should you come by from Greece I
owe you some cold beers.

Thanx for all the help

--
Zaharioudakis Nikos

Linux for servers . . .

       Macintosh for graphics . . .

             Palm for mobility . . .

                   Windows for solitaire!
If speed kills, then Windows Users may live forever