Re: [hylafax-users] newbie here - a few questions...

On 6/20/05, Steffen Bisgaard <steffen_bisgaard@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 2. Is there such a thing as a windows client that will let me manage the HylaFax >server - sort of like a GUI to add/remove users, create new entries >in /etc/FaxDispatch etc etc? And if so, will it run on XP? Or is there a webmin >module?
For users, you could consider using PAM authentication so that you
could use whatever user admin module you like.
For other configs, try searching for "hylafax web frontend" "hylafax
webmin" (I don't use any so cannot say much).

http://www.hylafax.org/howto/faxing.html#ss5.2

> 4. In syslog I see a lot of entries like:
> RECV FAX (000000047): recvq/fax000000015.tif from 123456789, route to <unspecified>, 1 page in 0:19
> To what does <unspecified> refer? The fax was correctly forwarded

That is normal. I think it will only be used if the sender used a
"sub-address" together with your faxno, something almost none does.

--
giulioo@xxxxxxxxx