Re: [hylafax-users] [Fwd: Re: mail to fax]

Originally I ran into the same problem. Sending an email to
user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx from any server but the hylafax server would never go
anywhere.

So I use a script to connect to the hylafax and send those emails via that
sendmail which knows how to handle .fax emails from the changes in the
sendmail.mc

We use jmail and vbscript (yuk) for this job on our M$ mail server, but I'm
sure it would be easy enough to write a script to do the same on Redhat
bash/perl/etc....

Also I know that sendmail can use a separate SMTP server to actually send
mail, you may be able to configure it to only use smtp for .fax emails and
smtp them to the hylafax server to avoid the script part, but not sure if
the sendmail smtp config is that flexable

Hope that gives a little more insight. I'm sure that this must come up
pretty often, so there are probably a few other ways to go about doing this.

-Dan