[hylafax-users] [Fwd: Re: mail to fax]

Hello Dan,

well, the mail server is RedHat 8 (it works just fine), and the hylafax
server is fedora core 2.
i've read some documentation, but all include inserting lines in
sendmail.cf, and the last time i did it, i got errors from sendmail, so
i prefer to tweak sendmail.mc.

how did you got it working, if your are sending it to a random domain?
is there any tweaking i need to do in the mail server? or just in
sendmail of the hylafax server?

cheers.

by the way, is there any chance you could provide me with your script to
remove the fax number from the subject?

thx

Bruno Santos

Hello,
   It's a little tricky to get setup initially, but once it is, it runs
perfect

Our SendMail config looks the same as yours (at least what you showed of it)

On our Mail server we have a script that
picks up any email sent to faxuser@ourdomain
then parses the message and takes the phone number out of the subject line.

It connects to the hylafax server smtp and sends the email to "user@" &
myfaxnumber & ".fax"

On Freebsd we needed to do a little smtp auth tweaking, to get a propoer
smtp connection but not sure what os your running, so may not be the problem

Hope that helps a little. If you have any more questions please let us now.

-Dan