Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax and MacOSX 10.4 (Tiger) compilation error

Xavier,

The problem is that in OS X 10.4 Apple has decided to define _POSIX_PRIORITY_SCHEDULING even though it doesn't support it.

#define _POSIX_PRIORITY_SCHEDULING (-1) /* [PS] */

Now, I suspect that the "(-1)" is supposed to mean that it doesn't support it, but that logic defeats the #ifdef logic. It'd be nice to know what Apple is trying to do here.

Lee.

Xavier wrote:

Hi Lee,

I enclose you the file unistd.h. It isn't the same tha OSX10.3.

I have tested you indications, and now I can 'make' the source code. What
have changed from 10.3 to 10.4 that breaks this compilation ?

xavier

Please send me a copy of your /usr/include/unistd.h file.

In any case, what it means is that your unistd.h file defines
_POSIX_PRIORITY_SCHEDULING but then the functions to support that are
not to be found on the system in the usual places.

You can work around this problem by running ./configure and then editing
port.h and removing the line that says HAS_POSIXSCHED.

Lee.