Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax and egetty

On Thu, 2005-06-02 at 08:49 -0400, George Bell wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-06-02 at 08:59 +0200, Branko Markovic wrote:
> > 	Hello,
> >
> > 	I have one problem. On http://wiki.ifax.com/tiki-index.php?page=Setup
> > +with+Vgetty+and+Distinctive+Ring I found an How-To where you can setup
> > hylafax with an extern getty so you can add voice compatibility to
> > hylafax. One part of that article says "Here the 'egetty' program
> > consists of vm, installed and configured as for distinctive ring calls,
> > and a perl script front-end included in this tar file as 'egetty.pl'". I
> > installed and configured vm for distinctive ring calls, I found
> > egetty.pl script, and, if I understood so well, made simple program to
> > call vm with parameters specified in config.ttySL0 file (according to
> > howto, it is EGettyArgs "shell /bin/egetty.pl %a %u"). Now, I have the
> > following problem. When I call my modem, faxgetty Locks modem
> > LCK..ttySL0, and call egetty, and then, in vm.log i get this:
> >
> > 06/01 12:51:51  opening voice modem device
> > 06/01 12:51:51  lock not made: lock file exists (pid=16793)
> > 06/01 12:51:56  opening voice modem device
> > 06/01 12:51:56  lock not made: lock file exists (pid=16793)
> > 06/01 12:52:01  opening voice modem device
> > 06/01 12:52:01  lock not made: lock file exists (pid=16793)
> >
> I don't understand this, as the child process (vm shell egetty.pl) is
> supposed to inherit the lock file from the parent (faxgetty).  Check the
> pid of the lock file against the pid of the egetty.  What system/distro
> are you trying to set this up on? I've never seen a ttySL0 before.
> Could there be a stale lock file left over from another process, such as
> minicom?
>
> George

>   *To learn about commercial HylaFAX(tm) support, mail sales@xxxxxxxxx*

	I think that I found a problem. The only thing that I need now, is what
should I put into egetty, since the file doesn't exist. I suppose that I
should call egetty.pl from egetty with vm shell egetty.pl, but, maybe I
am wrong. Something like:

#!/bin/bash

vm $1 $2

for /bin/egetty won't work. I am using Slackware 10.1 on that machine
with Genius USB Modem (driver puts it on ttySL0). Definitely, the
problem is with egetty.