Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax and egetty

On Thu, 2005-06-02 at 08:59 +0200, Branko Markovic wrote:
> 	Hello,
>
> 	I have one problem. On http://wiki.ifax.com/tiki-index.php?page=Setup
> +with+Vgetty+and+Distinctive+Ring I found an How-To where you can setup
> hylafax with an extern getty so you can add voice compatibility to
> hylafax. One part of that article says "Here the 'egetty' program
> consists of vm, installed and configured as for distinctive ring calls,
> and a perl script front-end included in this tar file as 'egetty.pl'". I
> installed and configured vm for distinctive ring calls, I found
> egetty.pl script, and, if I understood so well, made simple program to
> call vm with parameters specified in config.ttySL0 file (according to
> howto, it is EGettyArgs "shell /bin/egetty.pl %a %u"). Now, I have the
> following problem. When I call my modem, faxgetty Locks modem
> LCK..ttySL0, and call egetty, and then, in vm.log i get this:
>
> 06/01 12:51:51  opening voice modem device
> 06/01 12:51:51  lock not made: lock file exists (pid=16793)
> 06/01 12:51:56  opening voice modem device
> 06/01 12:51:56  lock not made: lock file exists (pid=16793)
> 06/01 12:52:01  opening voice modem device
> 06/01 12:52:01  lock not made: lock file exists (pid=16793)

I don't understand this, as the child process (vm shell egetty.pl) is
supposed to inherit the lock file from the parent (faxgetty).  Check the
pid of the lock file against the pid of the egetty.  What system/distro
are you trying to set this up on? I've never seen a ttySL0 before.
Could there be a stale lock file left over from another process, such as
minicom?

George