Re: [hylafax-users] Intermittent problem with a Multitech MT5634Z PX-PCI

I have the same problem, except mine appears to only happen sometime over the weekend (once a week).

I believe that it may be hylafax, because when this is occurring, I can go into minicom and see 'ring' appear when I call the fax number (yet hylafax never picks up).

I have been using the following script to "bounce" my 2 ZPX modems every hour (only when they have the status of idle) with cron.

# The name of the modem to check on

target=ttyS1

# The location of the log file for this script

loglocation=/var/spool/hylafax/tmp/$target.log

# This grabs the output of the 'faxstat' command

fstat=`/usr/bin/faxstat | awk '/'"$target/"' {print $4,$5,$6}' | tr -d '\15\32'`

# Checks to see if the modem is in an idle state.  If so, grab the PID and kill it,

# otherwise, log what state the modem was in.

if [ "$fstat" = "Running and idle" ]; then

      fps=`ps -edf | grep $target | grep -v 'grep' | grep -v 'root' | awk '{print $2}'`

      echo `date` : Killing process : $fps >> $loglocation

      kill $fps

else

      echo `date` : Process status was : $fstat >> $loglocation

fi