[hylafax-users] USR Class1 MPS / PPS Errors

Hi there,

I've been having a great time with Hylafax on my new server with a 3Com/US Robotics 5610 PCI Fax Modem running in Class1 (though I switched it to Class2.0 just to test it). However, I just ran across a couple jobs to one particular fax number that failed with several different errors:

- (CLASS1) No response to PPS repeated 3 times.; Giving up after 3 attempts to send same page
- (CLASS1) Failure to train remote modem at 2400 bps or minimum speed; Giving up after 3 attempts to send same page
- (CLASS2.0) No response to MPS repeated 3 times

The first and second had no cover page -- just one page in total; the third had two pages.

The remote device is a Panasonic fax machine; the operators had reported receiving the cover page but nothing else.

I found several messages and potential solutions on the archives but they were mostly from 1998-2001 on much older versions of Hylafax. The latest one suggested that there might be a fix in 4.2.1 (I'm on the latest Debian testing release - 4.2.0-16), but I'd have to uninstall the package and reinstall from source. Is this recommended?

My main questions are, is this problem definitely resolved and fixed, and will the code in 4.2.1 definitely fix my problem? Do you need further testing? Can I provide logs of any of the above failures for further inspection?

Thanks,
Andy MacNamara