Re: [hylafax-users] USR Class1 MPS / PPS Errors

On 2005.01.20 15:56 Andy MacNamara wrote:
Hi there,

I've been having a great time with Hylafax on my new server with a 3Com/US Robotics 5610 PCI Fax Modem running in Class1 (though I switched it to Class2.0 just to test it). However, I just ran across a couple jobs to one particular fax number that failed with several different errors:

- (CLASS1) No response to PPS repeated 3 times.; Giving up after 3 attempts to send same page
- (CLASS1) Failure to train remote modem at 2400 bps or minimum speed; Giving up after 3 attempts to send same page
- (CLASS2.0) No response to MPS repeated 3 times

The remote device is a Panasonic fax machine; the operators had reported receiving the cover page but nothing else.

My main questions are, is this problem definitely resolved and fixed,

No, we haven't been able to fix USR firmware yet.

and will the code in 4.2.1 definitely fix my problem?

As you didn't send the logs it's hard to say for certain, so although it is possible that something in 4.2.1 fixed the specific problem you're having, it probably didn't. The problem is probably with the USR firmware.

Lee.