Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax and Comtrol RocketModemIII

On 2005.01.20 11:05 Giulio Orsero wrote:

====== may 26 2004 list email from Lee
On Wed, 26 May 2004 08:22:29 -0700, Lee Howard
<faxguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Other available options that I do not recommend are:
>
>Comtrol RocketModem III
>Digi AccelePort RAS
>
>The former has bizarre modulator issues that I have not isolated yet,

>and the latter has broken Class 1 support, and the Class 2/2.0
support
>has many bugs.  These all should be "fixed" by some later firmware...

>but how long before the firmware is available is a good question.

Let me change my statement now by stating that Patton has fixed the problem with the Digi AccelePort RAS modems along with the Patton DataFire 2977s.

I don't know if Patton's driver/firmware is available on their website or not, but Patton does have (and will distribute) firmware that works very, very well in the AccelePort RASes and the DataFire 2977s.

Digi is now off of my "I do not recommend" list.

My "do not recommend" list now only consists of the RM III and various Linmodems, such as the Intel i537EP (which I have a few of them and have never managed to get them working right for fax) and Conexant HCF/HSF (requires the commercial driver for fax support that I've only ever seen negative reports about, although I've never tested it personally), but not the Lucent Linmodem or the PCTel Linmodem - both of which work quite well for faxing.

Lee.